Neverending Quest-ions

Neverending Quest-ions

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home Stretch!!

Well, here we are, coming to the home stretch. Eric is participant 3 with the chef hat! Crazy week for me, had to go to the shore for several days and clean. I have filthy hands and fingernails, cleaning and scrubbing. I am now "Cinder-fella" to my friends.

Well, have now seen most of the ICP's which were collectively quite good. Alot of creativity in this class. Mine on flickr and photobucket can be seen at the following link:
http://www.slideshare.net/WilliamMcGillicuddy

The Twt:In Action video portraying several technology applications in the Wichita Public Schools was worthwhile, especially to see the varied implementation, the remote classroom apparati, and the young ages at which students are using Web 2.0 tools and platforms. The practical advice on creating a photo album in powerpoint was also informative. I was impressed with the LoTI in this district. I also liked the reminders in the blog article about establishing a virtual learning community through blogs, instead of individual blog postings isolated from the web of readers. The link for the article is as follows:
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/blogosphere/blogs_as_virtual.html
Reminded me that I would have liked to have spent more time reading my classmates' postings if time permitted. The reciprocal interchange between author and readers is the true learning process offered by blog platforms.

No comments: